Backing up android apps is one of the essential tasks that we might need to do from time to time. This tutorial covers the easiest way to backup and restore your apps.
This Method works WITHOUT ROOT! By using this method you can only backup the app WITHOUT its data. To backup app with its data, you should have a rooted phone/tablet.
1. Open the Play Store on your phone/tablet and search for “App Backup & Restore”.
2. Install the app.
3. The below screen will show up informing us about the following:
If the phone does not have any external SD card slot, then this means that the backup data will be kept inside the internal storage. Which means that we might lose them during factory reset so to avoid that we should copy the backup data either to PC or to cloud services (Google Drive, Drop Box,etc…).
4. This is the main screen of the app.
We can backup a single app, or all installed apps.
5. When selecting the apps, we have two choices of backing up:
a. Backup + sending it to Cloud or via Wifi.
b. Backup only (you can still manually copy it to your computer or Cloud).
6. In this tutorial, we will first choose send, by tapping on SEND Button at the top right corner of the screen.
7. Then we can either send the backup via WiFi, or via other apps, we’ll choose “Send by other apps”.
8. The following screen will show up, and we choose to send the backup files to Google Drive.
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.