Sometimes you may need to factory reset your phone for any reason including a fresh re-install of new stock or custom ROM, or you just want to make a factory reset before selling your phone or returning for warranty. Doing a factory reset in stock recovery ERASES EVERYTHING on your phone. However, doing a factory reset in CWM or TWRP does not, it only erases your settings/apps.
This tutorial focuses on two different methods of doing this task of factory resetting your Phone.
Method 1 (From Recovery):
1. Turn off your phone.
2. Hold Down (Power Button + Home Button + Volume Up Button) at the same time.
3. Keep holding those 3 buttons until Samsung Logo Appears.
4. Let go of Power Button and keep holding down (Home Button & Power Button).
5. This is Recovery Mode .
6. Volume up/down to move.
7. Power button to make selection.
6. Choose Option 4 in the list which is ” Wipe data/ factory reset ”.
7. Select it.
8. This Screen will show up.
9. Choose ” Yes — Delete All user data”.
10. the formatting process will start.
11. when finished, the phone will go back to the main recovery mode screen.
12. Select ” Reboot now”.
13. Wait 3-4 Minutes.
14. Congratulations! your Phone/Tablet is formatted and should boot flawlessly.
1. Go To Settings > Backup & Reset.
2. Choose ” Factory data reset”.
3. This screen will show up informing you about the type of data and contents that will be wiped.
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.