– Galaxy S5 & S4
– Galaxy Tab S
1. First you must change your lockscreen method to either pin, password, pattern, or fingerprint. Enable it from Settings > Lock Screen (Lock Screen and Security) > Screen Lock.
2. Then go to Settings > Security (Lock Screen and Security) > Trusted Agents and enable “Smart Lock”.
3. We then go back to the Security section and see that the “Smart Lock” option is added at the bottom of the list. Tap on it and it will ask you to swipe your fingerprint, then the main screen of “Smart Lock” feature will show up.
On the main screen of the feature we have four options:
A. Trusted devices
– This one is used for pairing your phone with either a bluetooth device (smartwatch, car bluetooth system, fitness tracker, bluetooth headphones, etc…) and also for pairing your phone with NFC tags.
B. Trusted Places
– From here you can set your safe location or home location at which your phone should be unlocked automatically. As mentioned by Google help page, “Trusted Places” is not supported on all devices and our device was no exception!
C. Trusted Voice
– This consists of pre-defines voice of yours to be detected by the phone to be unlocked. This section didn’t work on our Galaxy Note 4.
D. On-body detection
– Enabling this one will make sure to unlock the phone as long as you hold it in your hands making it less secure than your normal pin, pattern methods.
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.