6 Backup your contacts.
7. Backup your apps.
8. Backup your messages.
9. Move your photos, videos, and other personals to PC.
– Download the ROM corresponding to your Phone’s Model Number. REMEMBER to download the right one otherwise you’ll brick your phone.
1. Install flashtool and make sure the installation directory is in C drive.
2. After installation the “Flashtool” folder will be created in the root of C drive.
The “Flashtool” folder contains bunch of folders and files.
– Drivers: this folder contains the drivers for your phone.
– firmwares: this folder contains a file named ‘X10_V1_BLRelock.ftf‘.
– Flashtool.exe, Flashtool64.exe: this is the flashtool program that we’ll use for the update process. Flashtool.exe is for 32-bit, and Flashtool64.exe is for 64-bit.
3. Open drivers folder and double-click on “Flashtool-drivers.exe”.
4. The following window will show up:
5. Make sure to check both “Flashmode Drivers” and “Fastboot Drivers” plus your phone’s driver (which is Z3 Compact in this case) then click on install and wait for the installation process to finish up.
If for some reasons your phone’s driver was not successfully installed, try to install the “Sony Driver Pack” that you downloaded above.
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.