According to studies, most of us use our Android device to surf the web. There comes a time when we don’t have internet access, which happens quite a lot to me. That takes us to think of different ways for offline viewing and offline reading. One of the easiest ways is to save the web page as a PDF file, which will download the PDF file to your Android device and you can read it later without internet access, perhaps traveling on the airplane.
1. Install Chrome browser from Play Store(Link) if you don’t have it yet..
2. Open the app and open the article URL you want to save as a PDF file.
3. Tap on 3-dot button at the top right corner of the screen.
4. You’ll get list of options, choose the “Print” option.
5. You’ll get a preview of the web page you want to save.
6. Notice the yellow “PDF” icon, tap on it to save the web page as the PDF file.
7. A new screen will show up prompting you with the save location. By default the file will be saved inside “Download” folder of your internal storage, but you also have option for saving it inside your Google Drive too.
8. You can also rename the file before saving in case the file name is too long. When done, tap on “SAVE” button save the file.
9. Finally, you can navigate to your file manager app, and you can open and view the saved PDF web page inside the “Download” folder. That’s it!
Have a question?Please post all your questions at the new Android Rehab Center at HighOnAndroid Forum, thank you for understanding!
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.