Ever thought about making your own handwritten clock widget?
That’s right, learn how to make a handwritten clock widget to show on your Android phone/tablet’s home screen.
1. Download DrawTime app from Playstore (link).
2. The below screen will show up when opening the app for the first time, tap on “Create a new widget” button.
2. Give the widget a name and tap on OK button.
3. Then the following screen will show up at which you can draw numbers from 0 to 9 including (:).
4. Tap on every single number and draw the corresponding numbers.
You can also change the color and also the thickness of writing by tapping on the “Red Pencil” button.
5. You must consider your phone’s wallpaper color before choosing the color of your clock numbers. For example, choosing a black color for the clock number won’t look nice on a dark blue wallpaper and so on. That’s why I will chose white color for numbers so that it will look nice with any dark background colors.
6. We’re almost finished in creating the widget. If we tap on the 3 dots button and go to settings, we can also show date and battery percentage on the widget as well.
7. Now when we go back to the app’s main screen, we’ll see the addition of two other things to draw which are (%) and (.). We draw them both.
8. Now before using this widget, we’ll change its background color from Blue to transparent by simply going to Settings > Background color.
9. Finally, to use this widget on your home screen tap on the 3 dot button and choose “Use This Widget” option.
Then go back to the main screen of your phone and either long press on a blank area on the home screen or press menu button of your phone, then tap on Widgets button.
Search for the drawtime widget. There are two different widgets, one which will only show time and the other which shows both time and data plus the battery percentage. Drag and drop one of them to the home screen of your phone.
Finally, this is the clock that I’ve made with my handwritten numbers for the date and battery percentage (of course yours can be better than mine which is kind of ugly =D).
1. You can create as many widgets as you want. Just tap on the plus button and create a new widget. In the below screenshot, you’ll see that I have already created two widgets.
2. You can download the widgets created by other DrawTime users from DrawTime store. Just tap on the “Store” button to download bunch of nicely created clock widgets. If you think that your own widgets design are cool you can also publish them to the store.
3. Normally when you tap on the widget on home screen, the DrawTime app will be opened. But you can change that to any other apps you like.
That’s pretty much it guys! I hope you like the app and share it with your friends!
Have a question?Please post all your questions at the new Android Rehab Center at HighOnAndroid Forum, thank you for understanding!
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.