This tool is especially made for Samsung Android Devices and it also supports non-Samsung devices. The purpose of the tool is to backup the EFS folder which contains crucial information about the phone’s IMEI number. Backing up this folder is one of the essential steps to do before trying to update to official stock firmware or custom firmware to avoid from the common problem of getting. “Not Registered On Network“, which corrupts the EFS Partition.
This guide will teach you about EFS Partition.
Before the backup process there are some requirements that you should do:
– Download EFS Professional tool (Link)
– Download Busybox app from Play Store (Link).
– Enable USB Debugging in Settings> Developer Option > USB Debugging.
If you can’t see “Developer Options”, then go to Settings > About Device > Build Number and tap on it for about 7 times until the message “Developer mode has been turned on” shows up. Then go back to Settings > Developer Option > USB Debugging to turn it on.
2. Tap on “Install” button to install required files for BusyBox to work. The below screen should show up upon successful installation:
3. On your PC, extract the EFS Professional tool using (winrar) and open it.
4. Double-click on the yellow icon “EFS Professional.exe”.
5. The below screen will open up, click on “EFS Professional”.
6. The below screen will open up:
8. This screen will show up:
9. Make sure to check “Always allow this computer” and tap on the OK button.
11. On the PC, the EFS Professional screen should look like below ensuring that the phone is rooted and has busybox properly installed.
12. If the tool gives you the error “busybox is not installed”, close the tool and re-open it again.
13. Now we’re ready to backup the EFS partition, click on Backup tab at the top left corner of the tool.
14. Under “Device filter” tab, there are bunch of different types of Samsung phones and two non-Samsung phones.
15. Our phone is international Exynos variant of Galaxy Note 4(SM-N910H), so we’ll choose Samsung Int. Variants. If your phone runs Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, then you should choose Samsung Int. LTE Variants.
17. Upon successful backup, the screen should look like this:L
18. The backed up file will be inside EFS Professional\EFSProBackup folder, make sure to keep it in a SAFE location.
19. The very SAME file will be created inside the phone’s internal storage as EFSProBacku‘ folder.
That’s pretty much it guys, as always don’t forget to share this tutorial with your friends if you find it useful!
Don’t forget to check out two other different methods of doing the same process if you’re interested!
1. How To Backup EFS Parition By Taking Nandroid Backup On Your Phone (Method 1). – Link
2. How To Backup EFS Partition Method 3 (Samsung Tool).
Have a question?Please post all your questions at the new Android Rehab Center at HighOnAndroid Forum, thank you for understanding!
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.