Android Wear OS is getting better and better day after day. After the 5.1.1 update, Google has added a nice feature that enables Android Wear users to lock their smartwatch’s screen, similar to locking your phone but with less options.
1. Navigate to Settings > Screen Lock.
2. Tap on Screen Lock,
3. A new screen will open up asking you whether you want to auto-lock the watch after taking it off or not, tap on the green button to enable it.
4. Then you’ll be prompted with another screen where you can draw your lock pattern and confirm it before setting the lock method (the drawn pattern should at least be 4 dots).
5. After that, you’ll be directed to Settings where there is a new option added “Lock screen now“.
6. Tap on “Lock screen now” and choose “True” sign to lock your watch right away.
7. Your watch screen will be locked and secured, when you turn the screen on, you need to draw the pattern to unlock it.
Removing The Lock
1. Navigate to Settings > Screen lock Automatic and Tap on it.
2. A new screen will open up asking you to confirm the saved pattern. Draw your current pattern to remove the screen lock.
– As of Android 5.1.1, the lock screen won’t be (automatically) enabled when you take the watch off your wrist. This is really a serious problem as it’s annoying to lock the screen manually every time you take the watch off your wrist.
– For now, the only way to lock your watch screen is to navigate to Settings and tap on “Lock screen now” every time before you take the watch off your wrist.
Let’s hope that Google fixes this bug for the upcoming versions!
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.