Recovery Mode is a very important in Samsung phones and tablets. Through this mode, you can do the following tasks based on the type of recovery that you have (stock or custom recovery like CWM or TWRP).
1. Apply update from ADB.
2. Apply update from External Storage.
3. Wipe data/ Factory Reset. (WARNING: Doing a factory reset in stock recovery erases EVERYTHING on your phone!)
4. Wipe Cache partition.
5. Apply Update from Cache.
1. Install Zip (for flashing custom roms, kernels, mods, themes, apps via CWM, Philz Touch, or TWRP recovery).
2. Wipe data/Factory Reset (factory reset). (Doing a factory reset in custom recovery does not erase everything on your phone but it erases your settings, apps, and app data.)
3. Wipe Cache Partition.
4. Backup and Restore (including Full Backup of the phone (Nandroid Backup).
5. Mounts and Storage
Booting Into Recovery Mode
1. Turn off your phone.
2. Hold down Power, Home, and Volume Up buttons at the same time.
3. Keep holding those 3 buttons until Samsung Logo Appears.
4. Let go of Power button and keep holding down (Home & Power buttons).
5. You should now boot into Recovery Mode.
Example of stock recovery (Galaxy Note 4) below:
Example of a custom recovery (Galaxy Note 8.0) below:
Some Samsung Tablets does not have physical home button. In that case booting into recovery mode requires only holding down power and volume buttons.
Have a question?Please post all your questions at the new Android Rehab Center at HighOnAndroid Forum, thank you for understanding!
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.