Galaxy Note 4 is still one of the best Android smarthones of the year even though it was released back in 2014. One of the great features of this phone is the IR BLASTER along with the Smart Remote app. The Smart Remote app can do several tasks, one of them is to convert your phone to Air Conditioner Controller. This guide will show you how to do so.
This Method is also confirmed working on Galaxy S5 and it should also work on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
The Smart Remote App allows you to do the following with your Galaxy Note 4:
1. Turn On/Off the Air Conditioner.
2. Increase or Decrease Temperature Degree.
3. Increase of Decrease Fan Speed.
1. Open Smart Remote App.
2. Choose your Country or Other Countries.
3. Add a new Room.
4. Name The Room.
5. on Select Device Screen Choose ” Air Conditioner”.
6. Choose the brand of your Air Conditioner (Hitachi in our case), if the air conditioner brand is not in the list, tap on ” Show All Brands”.
Type the Brand of your air conditioner.
7. Direct the front of the phone toward the air conditioner and press the red button to power it on.(Although the Smart Remote app still mistakes Air Conditioner for TV in the Screenshot below!).
8. If Button 1 didn’t turn it on, choose NO, and try the next button till it turns it on (mine worked with Button 4 or after 4 tries). After you get it working successfully, choose ”YES”.
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.