This tool is especially made for Samsung Android Devices and it also supports non-Samsung devices. The purpose of the tool is to backup the EFS folder which contains crucial information about the phone’s IMEI number. Backing up this folder is one of the essential steps to do before trying to update to official stock firmware or custom firmware to avoid from the common problem of getting. “Not Registered On Network“, which corrupts the EFS Partition.
This guide will teach you about EFS Partition.
Before the backup process there are some requirements that you should do:
– Download EFS Professional tool (Link)
– Download Busybox app from Play Store (Link).
– Enable USB Debugging in Settings> Developer Option > USB Debugging.
If you can’t see “Developer Options”, then go to Settings > About Device > Build Number and tap on it for about 7 times until the message “Developer mode has been turned on” shows up. Then go back to Settings > Developer Option > USB Debugging to turn it on.
2. Tap on “Install” button to install required files for BusyBox to work. The below screen should show up upon successful installation:
3. On your PC, extract the EFS Professional tool using (winrar) and open it.
4. Double-click on the yellow icon “EFS Professional.exe”.
5. The below screen will open up, click on “EFS Professional”.
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.