We may usually use bluetooth or NFC for sending small files like pictures, sounds and other stuff. But what if we wanted to send or receive a large file or a large set of pictures? We can try sending that through Bluetooth but it will take so long and becomes boring, that’s why there is a great alternative way for sending or receiving large files on your Android device.
Right (Sender Phone), Left (Receiver Phone)
1. On both your phones and your friend’s phone navigate to Settings > Wi-fi.
2. Enable Wi-fi then choose “Wifi-Direct”.
3. On both phones, the name of the corresponding device will appear.
4. Tap on the device name to pair both devices together.
5. Upon successful paring, you should see “connected” message below each device’s name.
6. Now is time to choose the files that you want to send.
7. Our file size is 111 MB, after that we tap on “Share” button and choose “Wi-Fi Direct”.
11. This screen will show up, choose the device that you already paired and then tap on “DONE” button. The transfer process will start on the other phone. You can immediately tell how fast the process is!
12. After successfully receiving the file on the receiver phone, you can access the file inside “ShareViaWiFi” folder in your phone’s internal storage.
That’s it , Enjoy the speed of Wi-Fi Direct!!
Have a question?Please post all your questions at the new Android Rehab Center at HighOnAndroid Forum, thank you for understanding!
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.